Wednesday, March 2, 2022

In Search of Joy



This is perhaps the most challenging year of a 20 year teaching career that I have enjoyed immensely. I find myself in a rut, though. I am hoping to rekindle the joy that I once had. These last two years have taken their toll. I am trying to embrace joy and gratitude and hope. 

I have taken on the challenge of writing a daily slice of life for the month of March and missed our first deadline. I find trying to carve out the time to write - challenging. 

There is so much on a teacher's plate. 

I am exhausted when I come home, and when I wake up I spend the early morning hours getting ready for the day. I am looking forward to meeting with a study group of teachers at the end of the day today to commiserate, collaborate and study writing together. Here is to the first slice  - a little late to the game, but hoping to be 'wide-awake' today and capture moments that I can include in the slice that I write later this evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this post in the space below.

In Search of Joy

This is perhaps the most challenging year of a 20 year teaching career that I have enjoyed immensely. I find myself in a rut, though. I am h...