Friday, August 3, 2012

Querencia


I have decided to give the blog a new look and even a new address.  I hope this will be a "querencia" for teachers of reading and writing.  In Writing Toward Home: Tales and Lessons to Find You Way Georgia Heard describes querencia as "a place where one feels safe (something we all need in these times of reform where it feels like the earth is moving under our feet).  It is a place where one's strength of character is drawn, a place where one feels at home.  It comes from the verb querer, which means to desire, to want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this post in the space below.

In Search of Joy

This is perhaps the most challenging year of a 20 year teaching career that I have enjoyed immensely. I find myself in a rut, though. I am h...